Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Reader Poll

Yesterday, I talked about how many stories I have in the works, or at least have ideas for starting. I really do feel motivated to write lately, but I seem to have stalled out on actually writing them. I’ve worked on four different stories in the past few weeks, but haven’t made major headway on any of them. I think I need to just pick one and force myself to focus on it until I make real progress. But I’m having a hard time deciding which one.

So now, I’m going to pick the highest priority stories, tell you what they’re about, and ask for feedback on which one(s) you’d most like to see me focus on first. Here are the choices, starting with the four that I definitely consider my highest priorities:

1.       21st Century Magic: Gotcha! – I have plans for roughly another dozen chapters of this, with a very definite ending.

2.       A superwomen story – This one has multiple playful bad girls with powers that would fit in well on SuperWomenMania.com. I actually finished writing a first draft already, but wasn’t happy with the ending, so I want to re-write parts of it. Call it 90-95% done, and it should be easy to finish relatively quickly.

3.       A mostly gentle giantess story – Technically, it’s shrunken man, not giantess, for those who get picky about the terminology. Very flirty and sexy lead character. This one is maybe 85% done, so again, you’d think I’d be able to finish it quickly. I’m actually stalled on trying to write a sex scene.

4.       A long, weird story – Actually, calling it weird is an understatement. This one is the oddest story concept I’ve ever had, and I’m really looking forward to finally finishing it, just to see what kind of reaction it gets. It has lots of themes when it comes to magical powers – shrinking, flight, superstrength, superbreath, mind control, etc. And several different women dominating several different men. And it’s actually a major story in the 21st Century Magic world, for really strange reasons. But I’m only about 25% done with it, and I expect it to take a long time to actually finish.

5.       Sex Mage World: Weekend Away – Yes, the video caption that I already posted here. I had originally intended that to be a story, not a caption. But I knew the story would be very short, and I was messing around with video editing at the time, so I decided to try a video caption version, which I finished first. I still want to go back and finish the story version, which will be different than you’d expect from reading the vid caption. This is about half done, and pretty short. I could probably knock it out quickly.

6.       A mini-giantess story – The introduction of a new setting that I may use for multiple stories, set on a parallel Earth where a large portion of the population is 9-10 feet tall.  Mostly, the focus would be on normal sized people being bullied by the larger folks, but there may be some gentle interaction, as well. I’ve got a concrete idea for the setting, and the beginnings of a story, but I haven’t thought about exactly where that story is going.

7.       A new superheroine (sorta) setting – I have another very strange setting idea, with superheroine-ish and supervillainess-ish characters, and the beginnings of a story. I haven’t really thought about this one in a while, so I’m not sure how hard it’ll be to jump in and keep writing.

8.       Followup to 21st Century Magic: Do You Really Think You’re Worthy of Me? – This is the only one I’m putting on this list that I haven’t started writing yet. One of the big questions when I first wrote that story is why her magic went away at the end of the story. I have a very specific reason for that in my mind. I just haven’t quite decided what story to tell in order to let the rest of you in on that reason. So this would definitely be the hardest for me to start on.

9.       Something else – As mentioned yesterday, I have other ideas. The eight listed above are my highest priorities. I know there was interest in my continuing The Unintentional Supergirl and/or Celebrity SuperAgent at some point, though I put them aside long ago due to lack of inspiration. Plus, I have some other ideas. So if none of the first 8 stories on this list interest you, I’d like to hear that, too. Or if you have a story idea that you’d like to have someone write for you, let me know. If it’s something that interests me, maybe I’ll consider it.

I already know what you’re thinking: If I describe some of these as nearly done and say they should be easy to finish relatively quickly, why not jump into those and knock them out? I’ve tried. I don’t know why, but my brain keeps stalling out on how to actually write certain parts of these stories. That’s why I’ve been bouncing around, adding a paragraph here or there to various stories, instead of focusing on just one.

That’s also why I’m soliciting reader feedback. I’m hoping that knowing there are people waiting to read one or more of my stories will help motivate me to fight through the tough parts and keep going on them, rather than just giving up and switching back and forth between various stories, and making no real progress on any of them.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

 

6 comments:

  1. Whilst I'm always up for more Sex Mages, I would say finishing up Gotcha! would probably be the better option, if only to finally get that off your plate, and give you a big story for readers to sink their teeth into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order: 2, 1, 8, 7, 4, 3, 6, 9, 6
    Ideas for 9:
    1. Sisters or Mother/Daughter or friends with powers dominating the world around them. Maybe not necessarily evil, but greasing the wheels.
    2. 2 Women who bond over their powers and how no one else understands what its like to be them. Kind of like VivettaVenray's Envy but spread over multiple meetings and a larger timeframe.
    3. Day to day sexy story about super heroine or super villainess whose primary power is control over her size and other people's size. Pretends to be nice and normal when she's not 'working'. City Rampages? Colony of shrunken victims/ enemies in her spare room? S.O., friends and family, coworkers who she keeps in the dark about her alter ego and why her apartment has a locked room?
    4. Pure evil, violent and sexy criminal that even the super heroes don't want to take on one on one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is 8, 1, 2, 7

    8 and 1 because I love know what happened after the story ends, 2 and 7 I just like lady being superpowered those I personally like more goddess-like/level

    ReplyDelete
  4. A superwomen story is what I'd like to read most. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the responses. I know I don't exactly have a huge following, but it's nice to get some feedback from readers.

    The two most popular options so far are the first two on my list. That definitely helps me decide which of the three "almost done" stories I should force myself to finish first. And continuing Gotcha! is high priority for me, anyway, so it's good to know that people actually want to see where it goes.

    I'm surprised to see the relatively high interest in #s 7 and 8 on my list. I almost left those off the list, because I really don't know where I'm going with either of them, so they'd be tough for me to start writing without some serious thought. Based on the comments, I suspect #4 may actually be more appealing to some of you than #7, at least based on what I have planned so far. I may have to give some serious thought to #8 - I suspect the two of you aren't the only ones who are interested in finding out the answer to that mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI, it takes me weeks, if not months, to actually get things written. So it's not too late to respond, if anyone has anything else they'd like to suggest.

    ReplyDelete